Organic Spaghetti Squash Food Appreciation
Our Food Appreciation experiences are back!
Spaghetti squash is a member of the pumpkin and squash family which stands out in the produce area due to the vegetable’s bold orange to yellow colours. Spaghetti squash provides a great low-carb alternative as the texture of the cooked flesh breaks down into spaghetti-like strands which also soak up flavourful sauces.
We currently have beautiful vibrant, yellow organic squash from the Riverland which our chefs will demonstrate how to use in a delicious fresh Thai curry this Friday from 11am -2pm at Pasadena and Frewville Foodland. For this Friday only (13th May) the organic spaghetti squash are $1.50kg down from $4.90kg.
Our chefs will also be equipped with recipe cards and ingredient lists to make the curry at home, but if you can’t wait to eat the full dish then this sensational curry will be available to purchase from our lunch cart for only $10 including rice.
*Organic Spaghetti Squash special is also available to all our online customers, orders must be placed on the day of the special price.
Spaghetti Squash Thai Curry Recipe
• 2 tbs Vegetable oil
• 1 Red onion whole, finely sliced
• 1 Organic spaghetti squash, sm/med whole
(peel the squash, scoop out the seeds and dice into 5 cm cubes)
• 30g Ginger, fresh (crushed/finely chopped)
• 1 tbs Red curry paste
• 1 tsp Curry powder (mild/all purpose available from Spicebar)
• 1 tin Coconut milk
• 500ml Vegetable stock
• 200g Green beans (trim ends, cut into 3cm lengths)
• 6 Kaffir lime leaves
• 1 tsp Sugar
• 1 tsp Salt
• 100g Baby spinach, washed
• Handful Basil leaves
1) Heat oil in wok or large deep pan over med/high heat, add onion and sauté for 4-5 mins. Add the spaghetti squash and ginger to coat with oil.
2) Add curry paste and curry powder, stir to coat and cook for 2 minutes.
3) Add coconut milk & veg stock, bring to a simmer, and cook for 5 mins on low heat.
4) Add green beans and lime leaves plus the salt & sugar and cook for further two minutes.
5) Stir through the baby spinach, then garnish with basil leaves and serve with steamed rice.