Easy Mulled Wine Recipe
- 2 cinnamon sticks
- 2 star anise
- 1 green cardamom pod (cracked open)
- 1 whole nutmeg
- 1 slice fresh ginger
- 1 orange
- 1 bottle red wine (or you can use white)
- 2 tblsp sugar
- Add a dash of brandy (optional)
- Zest the orange and then juice it. Add zest and juice and all of the other ingredients to a large pot or a slow-cooker.
- Heat until steaming hot but do not let it boil.
- Let the mulled wine simmer on low heat for 15 to 20 minutes before serving.
- Garnish each glass with orange rind and a cinnamon stick.