Ras El Hanout Lamb Shoulder
- 2.5 kg lamb shoulder, bone-in
- Half a preserved lemon, rinsed and chopped
- 2 tbsp Rubyspice Ras El Hanout
- 5 cloves of garlic, peeled and chopped
- quarter cup olive oil
- 1 cup light beef stock or water
- Mix the preserved lemon, Rubyspice Ras El Hanout, garlic and oil together in a bowl.
- Make slits in the lamb with a sharp knife and rub the Ras El Hanout mixture all over, making sure marinade gets into the slits.
- Marinate covered overnight in the fridge or for a minimum of 2 hours.
- Preheat oven to 140°C or 120°C fan forced. Place marinated lamb in a heavy baking dish and pour the beef stock or water around the lamb. Cover the dish tightly with foil and roast in oven for 4—5 hours. Skim fat every couple of hours if necessary. Uncover the lamb for the last 45 minutes of cooking. Rest cooked lamb for 10 minutes before serving.