Rhubarb & Mandarin Pudding
• 800g of rhubarb cut into 2 inch pieces
• 2 mandarins (zest and juice)
• 10g fresh ginger, finely grated
• 100g butter
• 200g caster sugar
• 2 large eggs, separated
• 100g self raising flour, sifted
• 120ml butter milk
• 50g icing sugar
- Pre-heat oven to 180C. Use a large 1.5 – 2 litre oven dish.
- Place the rhubarb and grated ginger in the large baking dish, sprinkle over half of the sugar and pour over the mandarin juice.
- Cover with foil and bake for 15 minutes (or until tender).
- Place the cooked rhubarb in the baking dish, with the juices.
- Cream the butter, sugar, mandarin zest and egg yolk. Fold in the sifted flour and butter milk.
- Whip the egg whites to soft peaks and gently fold through.
- Pour over the rhubarb and bake for 25-30 minutes until golden. Dust with icing sugar and serve with double cream . Grab a spoon and enjoy!